WKMA is an award that is exclusively for the Konkani Music Fraternity across the globe & is backed by an advisory panel comprising of well-known singers, musicians, lyricists, music directors and prominent Konkani music enthusiasts.
Hemaa Sardesai (International Diva)
Celebrity judge and performer
‘Hemaa Sardesai has created history going successfully from Bollywood to Hollywood. She is the only Goan & Indian Singer to have the most International Achievements including her Hollywood Single recently launched in New York, and to win the ‘Grand Prix’ in Germany as well as to be invited to perform live at the UNICEF Concert in Europe.
With more than 100 Bollywood songs to her credit, Hemaa is the only Goan & Indian Singer to sing duets in films with five superstars including Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan. Mtv termed her the ‘Queen Of Songs’ and at Mtv, V channel, B4U, events. She has been called ‘The singer with the most amazing stage presence.
She is also the only Goan & Indian Singer chosen to sing solo upstage at the International World Cultural Festival to a record-breaking audience of 15 lakh people. Having performed live in many countries across the globe, Hemaa is also known to be the only Goan & Indian singer who has contributed maximum to social and needy causes and has been congratulated by six Indian Prime Ministers for her live performances.
Merlin D’Souza (Music Director)
India’s leading Music Director Composer and Pianist
Merlin is one of India’s leading Music Director Composer and Pianist has an extensive scope of work in Theatre Advertising Concerts Films, TEDex Talks speaker / Leadership Lessons through JAZZ Lectures / Indiva-Producer / Power of Music Session / World Lusofonia Games / NGO Indias Daughters. She has been warmly hailed as the female A R Rahman!
Merlin has received many prestigious accolades and awards in her illustrious career:
- International winner of World leadership Congress Award from 80 countries worldwide as Music Director
- Mount of Faith ( Music Director) Awarded
- Best Documentary at Los Angeles Film Festival
- Best Cinematography at Indian Cine Fest
- Jaipur Intl. Film Fest for best soundtrack
She has been a Sonic Brand Ambassador for
- MASTERCARD 2019 for Grammys and in 120 countries and more (Brandmusiq)
- VISTARA Airlines/HDFC Bank / HDFC LIFE /STANDARD CHARTERED (Brandmusiq)
- DUBAI TOURISM Music branding (for SRK and Gwyneth Paltrow) / SINGAPORE Tourism
- JAZZ Music Brand Ambassador for XO Hennessy SE Asia/ the Blue note New York and more
- YOYOMA, World famous 18-times-Grammy winner
- MAKE IN INDIA – Created a special song for PM Modi and World heads of state.
Merlin and her crew have composed the WKMA Signature Logo Music
Musical programming Arrangements and Composition Merlin Dsouza
Sound Engineering and Design Reuel Ferreira
Audio Recording of Live Trumpets Robin Fargose
Alto/Tenor Saxophones Rhys – Sebastain
Lorna Cordeiro (Singer)
Lorna Cordeiro, known as Lorna, is a Konkani language singer from the coastal state of Goa, and is popularly known as the “Nightingale of Goa. She began singing for Perry’s band at the age of 15. Lorna’s first song was “Bebdo” (transl. ”Drunkard”), which she performed on Miramar Beach, Goa, shocking the crowd with a song of this type in Konkani. She soon became well-known for her other songs, such as “Nachomia Kumpasar”, “Pisso”, “Red Rose”, “Lisboa”, “Adeus”, “Tuzo Mog”, “Noxibak Roddttam”, “Abghat”, “Calangute”, “Aik Re Khobrankara”, “Sorga Rajeant”, “Pavsachea Tempar”, “Amerikak Pavxi”, “Sorg Tujea Dolleamni”, “Tum Ani Hanv”, “Ugddas” and “Mhoji Mai”.
In her illustrious career, Lorna has sung for many great Bollywood music directors such as Bappi Lahiri, Kalyanji-Anandji, Laxmikant–Pyarelal and Rajesh Roshan. She has even sung alongside Mohammed Rafi (“Maria”) and Sudesh Bhosle. After her comeback, she has performed in countries of the Middle East like Dubai, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain and even in parts of Europe like London. She is seen performing in the 2004 Konkani film Aleesha, and the 2019 Konkani musical film, Kantaar, features Lorna singing some jazz songs.
- In 1997, she was awarded the title of Best Female Singer in Mumbai, alongside Alfred Rose, who won the title of Best Male Singer
- In 2015, Lorna was presented with a Lifetime Achievement award at the “Film, Food, Fashion Festival”
- In 2018, she was awarded the Krutadnyata Puraskar (Lifetime Achievement Award) at the 11th Goa Marathi Film Festival, held at Kala Academy.
Choreographer – Jhalak Dikhla Ja
Toby, coming from a remote village of Polem in Loliem Panchayat area became India’s top most choreographer for making a non-dancing celebrity like Mona Singh who learnt to move her hips to the dancing tunes in garnering more votes from Indian audience.
The pair of Toby Fernandes and Mona Singh of ‘Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahim’ fame walked off with top honors on Sony TV’s Jhalak Dikhla Jha.